Working with Stone Group for the past eight years has been a real pleasure. We’ve supported the business with EdTech and GovTech PR and content creation through its change from selling its own-brand hardware almost exclusively to education, to being one of the UK’s most successful software and services VARs to the entire public sector.
We adapted our campaign to match their focus, and over the eight years, over half the current Mantis team have worked on the Stone team, to bring in different levels of experience on the creative initiatives we put together for them. Some of our favourites have been:
- Using BETT to collect survey data and create post-show media moments, avoiding the horrible news clash during show week. Our work with the OFSTED tech lead as a thought leader and the research on the role of Governors in tech provisioning created strong coverage
- Maintaining very strong relationships with the channel press, enabling Stone to be included in over 15 framework announcements in recent years, including their landmark TP2 inclusion and Apple deal. We’ve also led the media strategy for their financial evolution, including an MBO and an acquisition in the past 12 months
- Shaping Stone’s media messaging around ITAD and recycling in the public sector with research and thought leadership content
- Joint research on MAT financing with the Education Policy Institute bought national recognition and further influence with the big Academy Trusts
- Engaging relationships for government teams, schools, FE and HE institutions with the media to tell the Stone story
- Showing the consumer media the importance of tech in education with hackathons and art competitions