Let’s get straight to the point – we’re looking for a new Account Director (or very experienced SAM) and a Senior Account Executive.
Mantis has almost doubled in size in twelve months, and we have two flourishing locations, in London and Bristol. We’d like you to join us in either office twice a week, and work from your choice of location for the rest. We were founded on flexibility and we think our culture offers our team at all stages of their career the chance to be the best they can be, alongside achieving their own goals.
At Mantis, we run PR and communications programmes for technology companies which have the public sector as a key market. For both these roles, we are looking for people who know and understand the business technology landscape, and the media. That’s the non-negotiable bit. If you have previous public sector experience; healthcare, education, blue light, government, then that is a massive bonus (not literally, but more on that later).
If you’re interested in being our next SAM/AD
- You’ll have proven experience at that level. Proven being at least a year into either role with some demonstrable success to show us
- You’ll be capable of directing multiple accounts, strategically, and leading teams
- You’re used to communicating with our senior clients, you enjoy working with them, and you’re not afraid to put forward ideas, and consult properly
- You’ve planned campaigns, written and delivered new business proposals, led the creation of new strategies to support the launch of new products and services
- You have experience of technology and understand the nuances of things like storage, networking, SAAS, cloud security and software applications
- You can write. From white papers to three-line pitches
- You are maybe a little bit competitive and like a team that has that sort of edge
- You are 100% happy to pitch a story if you need to, and you’d probably know which journalists to target
- You like working with people of all levels, and can bring us some exciting training sessions and a great attitude to coaching and line management
- You are fully confident that you are suited to flexibly located working, and are willing and able to travel to client and other meetings when required
If you’re interested in being our next SAE
- You’ll have been an SAE for at least six months, and will be able to demonstrate what that role has brought you in terms of client and media experience
- You’ll need to know the technology press, including the nationals and business tech titles, and we’d love to see some evidence that you know your niches within the niches, such as what Silicon likes, when to pitch The Register, who at CW writes about the public sector, and when and how Computing takes opinion pieces
- If you can demonstrate the same level of knowledge as above for the public sector tech press, then that is a very big plus
- Getting coverage and exceeding targets will be something you are not only used to, but it gives you job satisfaction
- You’ll be a good writer, but it’s not your life’s passion – we need all round communicators and people who want to talk to and about our clients, not just write about them
- But….you’ll be comfortable putting drafts of press releases and opinion pieces together as required
- You’ll make the most of the flexible location we offer and have experience of working as part of varying size teams, maybe across different locations
- You will have experience of speaking directly with clients across a variety of mediums, but are keen to learn more and progress
Both roles offer competitive salaries, Macbook and iPhone, 25 days holiday, a pension scheme, and full and varied training opportunities.
There’s a lot more I could say, and we’d love to hear from you, so please drop me a line at email@example.com if you are looking for a new role.